GearBest is an eCommerce company specialized in gadgets and apparel. The company is headquartered in Shenzhen, China and counts more than 2,000 employees. Being located in the heart of the world biggest production district, GearBest offers innovative products that often are not yet in the market at extremely competitive prices.
Purchasing guide: hints
Is GearBest trustworthy and reliable? Standard question for international eCommerce companies.
Here some suggestions:
- Use only PayPal as payment method: PayPal protection has been extended to 180 days in New Zealand to grant higher level of safety on international transactions. At any time, you have a third-party platform that enhances your shopping cart protection. During the PayPal protection period you are also eligible to have reimbursement on shipping costs if you want to return the product to GearBest.
- Have your payment methods verified on first purchase: verify your credit card on PayPal to have your gadgets dispatched quicker. (If the credit card address does not match the receiver address, GearBest might require an anti-fraud check)
- Prefer express shipping to flat rate shipping (if available): Despite GearBest chooses only safe shipping methods, there might be a faster and more reliable shipping method during check-out.
- Buy insurance if the order exceeds 30NZ$: Insurance at GearBest is extremely cheap and will add an additional layer of safety. In the unlucky event of a failed shipemnt, you will receive reshipment or reimbursement after investigating the case.
- Flat rate shipping (10-25 days): This is the default free shipping method. Custom duties apply if the product is above the pricerange. We would not suggest this shipping method to New Zealand unless it is way cheaper than expedited.
- Expedited Shipping (EMS, DHL: 4-7 days): Fastest shipping available and best option for NZ. Subject to custom duties if they item price is above the allowed threshhold.
- GST and duties: Any order above 400NZ$ is subject to custom duties and buyers have to pay the 15% GST (Goods and Services Tax) on these orders.
During checkout there is an option to add insurance. We suggest to add insurance for orders above 30NZ$. Orders with insurance are eligible to full reimbursement on the selected payment method in the unlikely event of the parcel getting lost during the shipping proccess. Orders with no insurance above 30NZ$ might not receive full reimbursement (usually 50%) in case of a lost parcel. Therefor we suggest you to buy insurance and to decrease the low chance of having problems during the process even more.
Warranty & Returns
All products are subject to 1 year warranty if not differently specified on the product page. Additionally, you have a 45 days time-frame to return the item if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
Altering the product voids this warranty so please make sure that possible software updates origin from a trustworthy source.
Under very rare circumstances you will receive a dead on arrival product or a wrong product. Few hints:
- open a ticket within 72 hours from the moment you receive your item and upload a picture or video to prove the issue
- GearBest will reship or reimburse. Mention your choice in the ticket
- For low value items GearBest might reship without asking you to send back the broken product
- For expensive items GearBest might require you to send back the broken product (*)
(*) If you have to send back the broken or wrong product, GearBest will reimburse your shipping costs up to 50USD. Follow carefully the instruction provided in the RMA letter. The parcel will take time to reach GearBest. Once arrived will be processed in around 7-10 business days. If you urge the item, we suggest you to go for reimbursement and consider a new item.
From China and Hong Kong warehouses the time GearBest can ship out a product is specified on the product page. The page will give you either a specific date or a range of dates when we GearBest is ready to ship out the products, so please pay attention to this date to avoid possible unwanted delays. During peak season there might be delays due to a high number of orders.
The official gearbest support is available at support.gearbest.com. Any official change to your order has to be taken through this channel. Please remember, that opening a ticket will put your order on hold. That is why we suggest to only open a ticket if there are severe delays or for after sale support in case of problems with an item or any other reasons, that initiate the refunding proccess.
If you open a PayPal dispute for a yet not shipped item, the money will be reimbursed by GearBest.
If you open a PayPal case for a shipped item, GearBest will reimburse once the item is shipped back to GearBest.
We suggest to open a PayPal case only if the goal is reimbursement
- You will receive AU power adapter for any order with electronics shipped to New Zealand
- Flatrate & Express Tracking is available at 17track.net