GearBest to the UK: everything you need to know
GearBest is an eCommerce company specialized in gadgets and apparel. The company is headquartered in Shenzhen, China and counts more than 2,000 employees. Being located in the heart of the world biggest production district, GearBest offers innovative products that often are not yet in the market at extremely competitive prices.
Purchasing guide: hints
Is GearBest trustworthy and reliable? Standard question for international eCommerce companies.
Here some suggestions:
- Use only PayPal as payment method: PayPal protection has been extended to 180 days in the UK to grant higher level of safety on international transactions. At any time, you have a third-party platform that enhances your shopping cart protection. During the PayPal protection period you are also eligible to have reimbursement on shipping costs if you want to return the product to GearBest.
- Have your payment methods verified on first purchase: verify your credit card on PayPal to have your gadgets dispatched quicker. (If the credit card address does not match the receiver address, GearBest might require an anti-fraud check)
- Prefer express shipping to flat rate shipping (if available): despite GearBest chooses only safe shipping methods, there might be a faster and more reliable shipping method during check-out.
- Buy insurance if the order exceeds 30$: insurance at GearBest is extremely cheap and will add an additional layer of safety. In the unlucky event your parcel will be lost by the express, with insurance after an investigation with the express you will receive reshipment o reimbursement.
- European Warehouse: Located in the UK.: products are not subject to customs.
- Flat rate shipping: posts. This is the default free shipping method. There is possibility of customs if the parcel value is above 20£. We suggest to select this shipping method only if is way cheaper than other shipping methods.
- British Express: OneWorldExpress. All custom paid by GearBest. We strongly suggest to use only this shipping method that grants a direct flight from Hong Kong to London
- Expedited Shipping: DHL. Fastest shipping available. Subject to customs if parcel value is above 20£.
The european warehouse is located in Manchester, UK. All parcels sent to any UK address from this warehouse are subject to free shipping. All the products are in stock with immediate shipping. 24-48 hours after the order, you will receive your parcel. No customs: all products are already in the UK and not subject to duties.
During checkout there is an option to add insurance. We suggest to add insurance for orders above 20£. Orders with insurance lost by express are eligible to full reimbursement on the selected payment method. Orders with no insurance above 20£ might not receive full reimbursement (usually 50%) in the case the parcel gets lost during transit.
Warranty & Returns
All products are subject to 1 year warranty if not differently specified on the product page. Additionally, you have a 45 days time-frame to return the item if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
Altering the product voids this warranty so please make sure that possible software updates origin from a trustworthy source.
Under very rare circumstances you will receive a dead on arrival product or a wrong product. Few hints:
- open a ticket within 72 hours from the moment you receive your item and upload a picture or video to prove the issue
- GearBest will reship or reimburse. Mention your choice in the ticket
- For low value items GearBest might reship without asking you to send back the broken product
- For expensive items GearBest might require you to send back the broken product (*)
(*) If you have to send back the broken or wrong product, GearBest will reimburse your shipping costs up to 50USD. Follow carefully the instruction provided in the RMA letter. The parcel will take time to reach GearBest. Once arrived will be processed in around 7-10 business days. If you urge the item, we suggest you to go for reimbursement and consider a new item.
From the european warehouse the processing is of 1-2 business days. Products are in stock with immediate availability.
From China and Hong Kong warehouses the shipping time is specified in the product page. During peak season there might be delays due to high volumes. If you see your order facing delays, open a ticket on support.gearbest.com
The official gearbest support is available at support.gearbest.com. Any official change to your order has to be taken through this channel.
If you open a PayPal dispute for a yet not shipped item, GearBest will reimburse the order.
If you open a PayPal case for a shipped item, GearBest will reimburse once the item is back to GearBest.
We suggest to open a PayPal case only if the purpose of the action is reimbursement.
- You will receive UK power adapter for any order with electronics shipped to the UK
- British Express Tracking is available at oneworldexpress.com